Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Recommended Christian Music and Starving Dogs

Hey,

Just want to recommend some random Christian tracks to you all!

They'll come thick and fast and in a variety of different styles and differing levels of cheesiness. So here we go!

Amy Grant - Lead Me On
Sounds very 90's ish, but it's a real fun track!

Newsboys - He Reigns
I had to have a friend tell me that this was quite cheesy, and I suppose "From the African plains" is quite a naff line. Nevertheless it is saved by the uplifting chorus and pre and post choruses. Best part of the song:

And all the powers of darkness,
Tremble at what they've just heard,
'cause all the powers of darkness,
Can't drown out a single word...
When all God's children sing out:
Glory glory!
Hallelujah!
He reigns! He reigns!
Kathryn Scott - Hungry
This is probably the best personal worship song made, it's so frank and heartfelt. Makes a tear or two form everytime. Best line:
Jesus, You’re all this heart is living for
Rebecca St. James - Omega
May the grace of our Lord be with you,
now and always may you stay,
blameless till he comes

May the love of our Lord be with you,
now and always may you stay,
blameless till he comes
I don't know why that's so amazing, but it just is.

Starfield - How Great Thou Art / Great Is The Lord
Good guitar hook (very simple but effective). I like how they used one of their own song's (Great Is The Lord) tune to put some lyrics to How Great Thou Art. I think it works rather well but was surprised when I thought that I wasn't getting the CD I paid for! (That's a whole different story, which I will probably go into on my geek profile

The Kry - Beautiful
Good guitar work in this; I say good, it sounds good but I can't play so I don't know if it's really simple to play or not. Anyway, it's a lot like a love song, but loses normal secularism when they sing:
No one
No one else in all the Heavens
Can love me like you do
No one else can give to me
The gift of life
When I am so undeserving
You moved the world for me
Now I can see
That it's clear when I look in your eyes
Hillsong: United - Most High
Gotta have Hillsongs in any list of Christian songs. Just straight out praise. Woo yeah! Main lyrics include:
Put a new song in my mouth,
Of praise to You,
And the world will see and fear Your name...

Worthy...
Worthy is the Lord,
Worthy...
Worthy is the Lord, Most High!
Steven Curtis Chapman - Dive
Another fun song, probably quite cheesy too! Good lyrics set to a bouncy 90's tune. Awesome.
I'm diving in I'm going deep in over my head I want to be
Caught in the rush lost in the flow in over my head I want to go
The rivers deep the rivers wide the rivers water is alive
So sink or swim I'm diving in

I can't imagine anyone has found this remotely useful... Oh well! I felt like wasting some time and diverting attention away from other, less beneficial activities.


Which reminds me! There was a good talk at my Christian Union this evening (didn't get to play the drums... bah!), and it basically boils down to this. There are kind of two natures inside you, like two dogs fighting each other all of the time; which one wins is ultimately down to us. "But which one will win?". The one we feed the most...

So! Feed the holy dog and starve out the sinful dog inside of you, so that we actually half-deserve the holy person that God is preparing in and for you.

I'm sorry about my awful grammar,overzealous full stop usage and incorrect semicolon usage; but it's just how my thoughts have come out